Hubbub.co.uk is a delivery service on a mission to save the high street. We use custom-built technology, plenty of elbow grease and charm, and the occasional superpower to help brilliant local independent shops compete with the supermarkets. We're looking for ambitious and talented people to join our small (but powerful) team. We're based in London but are open to people working remotely as well.
Work with us
Everybody knows that developers love bacon, so we're offering a year's supply of it* free to successful candidates. But of course we don't expect you to live on bacon alone, so you'll also get:
- Free lunch four days a week, sourced from the brilliant shops we work with
- A substantial discount and free delivery on any food you buy through Hubbub
- Flexible working, with scope for working from home
- Competitive compensation
- We also have a staff options scheme for all our developers
To see our current vacancies, visit our jobs page.
To apply for a developer job at Hubbub follow the instructions below. We don't much like recruiters, so we set the bar just high enough that they'd trip over it!
Make a POST request to http://developers.hubbub.co.uk/
The body of the request should be a JSON object with one root property "application". This "application" property should be an object containing the data in the table below. Remember to set the correct content type header for a JSON request.
If you submitted all the required information in the right way, you'll get a 200 response code, and we'll see your application. Otherwise you'll get a 400, and a brief message letting you know why.
Don't overcomplicate it - you probably don't need to write a Python script to submit your application!
The object in your "application" property should contain the following information:
|An email address we can contact you with.||Yes|
|role||Which role you're applying for.||Yes|
|cover_letter||Your cover letter.||Yes|
|phone||We'll let you know before calling.||Yes|
|url||The URL that best represents you online. This could be your portfolio or website.||Yes|
|cv||A URL where your CV can be found.||Yes|
|github||Your GitHub username, if you have one.|
|Your Twitter username, if you have one.|
|blog||Your blog, if you have one.|
|recipe||A URL for your favourite recipe. Go on... make us drool.|
|comments||Is there anything you want to tell us? This is the place.|
* We can only deliver this bacon within our delivery areas so if you live outside our delivery areas you are very welcome to have it delivered to the office, or we can give you a cash equivalent, or a product of equivalent value if you don't eat bacon (that's a lot of lettuce). A year's supply of bacon is 400g per week. Enough to have an unhealthy number of bacon sandwiches every week. Or one really big one.